The Disciplinary Committee (DC) investigates violations of the IBA Code of Conduct and recommends penalties for the same.
Members of the DC are appointed by the Executive Director (ED).
- Ms. Mahreen Nazar, Assistant Professor and Functional Head of LLB Program (Chairperson)
- Dr. Nyla Aleem Ansari, Assistant Professor and Academic Director PGD (HRM) Program (Member)
- Dr. Sana Tauseef, Assistant Professor (Member)
- Dr. Abdul Haque Chang, Assistant Professor (Member)
- Dr. Amer Iqbal Awan, Assistant Professor (Member)
- Mr. Muhammad Anwar, Chief librarian and In-charge Research Data Center (Member)
Members of the DC normally serve for 3 years. Terms may be adjusted at the discretion of the Executive Director. Committee members are expected to maintain full confidentiality of matters discussed. At least three members must be present for the meeting quorum to be achieved.
The DC may recommend the following penalties to the ED after carrying out a thorough investigation:
1. Issuance of a warning letter
2. Monetary fine up to Rs. 10,000
3. Letter of apology to be solicited from the student/parents
4. Meeting between parents and DC
5. Suspension from classes for a week
6. Removal from elected or appointed positions in student societies
1. Assignment of failing grade (F) in course
2. Suspension for one or more semesters
3. Expulsion from the Institute
The final decision on the penalty to be awarded rests with the ED. Students who wish to dispute the ED's decision must file a written appeal to the Appellate Committee of the IBA Board of Governors through the Secretary BoG within 15 academic working days following notification of the ED's decision. This appeal may then be heard by the Appellate Committee appointed by the Board.