Dr. Qaiser Munir
Professor, Director, Centre for Business & Economics Research (CBER) and Director ORIC
He edited a book titled: Emerging Bond Markets: Trends and determinants. (Forthcoming 2020 & Accepted for publication by Routledge Taylor and Francis Group, UK.
Book Chapters (International):
- He has published a book chapter in 2019, titled: Climate Change and Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence from Threshold Effect. In “Global Development and Climate Change". (Published by Springer-Verlag), Tiago Sequeira & Liliana Reis (Eds.).
- He also published a book chapter in 2019 titled: Effects of climate change to industrial outputs and employment: Evidence from Asian emerging economies. In “Global Development and Climate Change” (Published by Springer-Verlag), Tiago Sequeira & Liliana Reis (Eds.).
Peered Reviewed Journal Articles:
International Journals with Impact Factor listed in JCR Clarivate Analytics - Thomson Reuters:
- He has published a paper in 2020 titled: CO2 emissions, energy consumption and economic growth in ASEAN-10 countries: A Cross-sectional dependence approach, Energy Economics. Vol.85. (ISI/SCOPUS-Cited Publication). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2019.104571
- He has also published a paper in 2020 titled: Puzzling Premiums on FX Markets: Carry Trade, Momentum, and Value Alone and Strategy Diversification. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade. Vol. 56(1), pp, 126-148 (ISI/SCOPUS-Cited Publication). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/1540496X.2018.1562897
- In 2019, he published titled: The Ex-Dividend-Day Behavior of Stock Prices and Volume: The Case of Pharmaceutical Dividend Aristocrats. Singapore Economic Review (ISI/SCOPUS-Cited Publication). https://www.worldscientific.com/doi/10.1142/S0217590819500243
- He published a paper in 2019 titled: External Shocks, Structural Breaks and Unemployment Hysteresis in Selected Asian Countries. Singapore Economic Review, 64(3), pp. 575-600. (ISI/SCOPUS-Cited Publication). http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S0217590816500259
- He published a paper in 2019 titled: Informational Efficiency of Finance Stocks in Malaysia: A Two-regime Nonlinear Threshold Autoregressive Approach. International Journal of Business and Society. Vol. 20(1), pp. 59-74. (Publication: ESCI/SCOPUS-Cited Publication).
- He has been appointed as a Member of reviewer committee “Review of Assigned projects under NRPU 2020”, Higher Education Commission Pakistan, Research and Development Division, National Research Program for Universities
- He has also appointed as a Member Research Studies Evaluation & Review Committee, 2018, Planning Commission, Ministry of Planning, Development and Reform, Government of Pakistan
- On March 27, 2019, Dr. Qaiser Munir, Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) IBA Karachi, in collaboration with Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan, conducted a workshop on “Putting Bloom's Taxonomy to Work”. The session was a hands-on event where participants learnt practical tips on how to integrate Bloom's Taxonomy into their teaching and learning activities. Economics faculty IBA, Professor Munir was the facilitator of the workshop. https://www.iba.edu.pk/iba-qec-conducts-workshop-bloom-taxonomy.php
- On 26 August 26, 2019, he facilitated a workshop on “Putting Bloom's Taxonomy to Work” at Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS) Karachi. The session was a hands-on event where participants learnt practical tips on how to integrate Bloom's Taxonomy into their teaching and learning activities. https://cber.iba.edu.pk/blooms-taxonomy-dow-university-health-sciences-karachi.php
Appointed as the Chairperson of the parallel session in 15th RSEP International Conference on Economics, Finance & Social Sciences organized by Review of Socio-economic perspectives, held in November 26-28, 2019 in University of Washington Rome center, Rome, Italy.
Graduate Students Research Colloquium:
He had organized a graduate students research colloquium namely “Economics & Finance Colloquium 2019”, held on April 27, 2019 at Institute of Business Administration, Karachi.