Important Notification for Fall 2020 Candidates
Our students are our number one priority and we want to assure them that minimizing disruption and loss in education for our current and prospective students is our focus at this time. We have therefore made changes in our policies to cater to the developments for our prospective students. Following are the policy changes:
Policy Announcement 1 - Eligibility Requirements:
- Candidates who are waiting to take exam or waiting for exam results and are in final year of A Level / Intermediate / Equivalent are eligible to apply and join IBA after successfully completing the remaining admissions procedure.
- The admission of such candidates will remain provisional subject to the condition of appearing in final year exams in 2020 and submitting the result in January 2021. IBA will allow maximum possible flexibility to facilitate such candidates in appearing in their exams.
- Minimum grade requirement for such candidates has been lowered to minimum 3Cs for A Level and 60% for Intermediate background candidates for all undergraduate programs (Math will remain a mandatory subject for BSCS/EM).
- Admission will be confirmed once the candidate meets the requirement criteria. In case candidate is unable to achieve the required grades, the provisional admission will be cancelled, and the offer will stand null & void.
Policy Announcement 2 – IBA Aptitude Tests:
- All aptitude tests are currently on schedule and admission timelines are intact (https://admissions.iba.edu.pk/admissions_schedule.php).
- However, there is a possibility that aptitude tests might not be conducted if the lockdown continues. It's a developing situation therefore decision regarding it will be taken by the end of May for MBA program and mid of June for rest of the programs.
- In the case where tests are not possible, interviews of only top candidates will be conducted based on the shortlisting criteria to be laid down by Admissions Committee once all applications have been submitted.
Therefore, we recommend that you apply to the respective desired programs as soon as possible. Kindly follow the application instructions completely. Please do not rely on last minute submission because it will place undue burden on yourself and the admissions staff.
It is reiterated that as of today, all the aptitude tests are on schedule and admission timelines are intact. We will make a separate and detailed announcement in case Policy Announcement 2 comes into effect however till that time, all candidates are required to upload SAT/GMAT/GRE results in addition to results of O Level/Matric and A Level/Inter/Equivalent (Part 1 in case result is awaited) exams and other academic qualifications. It is strongly emphasized that admission application be carefully submitted following the guidelines and uploading all the required documents in a proper format.
Kindly bear in mind that this statement is being issued to ensure all stakeholders are well verse with the contingent strategy as well as to make sure everyone is duly updated. We are aiming to start the next academic year on time and will try our best that our students of upcoming intake graduate on time. Therefore, all candidates, who are indecisive due to prevailing uncertainty, are encouraged to apply for admission and complete all the requirements preferably before the deadline to avoid any inconvenience at the last moment.
Please keep visiting IBA's website and checking your emails / SMS for important updates. We will stay in touch during this entire duration and will keep you updated with detailed information. In case you need any further information, you may drop us an email at email@example.com (kindly expect a delay in response time as IBA is closed and we are working remotely).
We appreciate your interest in IBA and wish you all the best for your studies.