HEC Overseas Scholarships for MS/MPhil Leading to PhD
Under this category, scholarships awarded every year for Direct PhD & MS/MPhil leading to PhD Program. Scholars are placed in those technologically advanced countries that have no/nominal/special tuition fee rates for which HEC and higher education agencies and universities in the host countries have signed MoUs. The process takes almost 10-12 months from scholarship announcement to award of scholarship. These scholarships are for all discipline however provincial and discipline quota is maintained keeping in view the national needs.
Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani/AJK nationals for the award of scholarships in selected fields for PhD studies in one of the following countries:
- New Zealand
Any other Country / University subsequently Identified by HEC
Disclaimer: Please note that the candidate will not be necessarily placed in his/her country/university of choice and HEC decision will be final.
a) Pakistani/AJK nationals
b) Candidates must have minimum Eighteen years of education (i.e. MS / ME/ MPhil)
c) Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career
d) Maximum age on Thursday February 18, 2016:
- a.40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the
- b. public sector R & D organizations
- c. 35 years for all others
e) The candidates will have to obtain 50 or above marks in the HEC aptitude/scholarship test.
f) The candidates who are already availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply
g) The candidate must have acquired the requisite qualification on or before Thursday February 18, 2016
Complete online application at: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/osp
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the printed copy of online application form:
- Attested photocopies of all educational testimonials. Equivalence of the foreign qualification/s from IBCC / HEC will be provided with the application form.
- Attested photocopy of domicile and CNIC
- Statement of Purpose (One Page)
- Research Proposal based on indigenous issues.
- NOC from the employer for in-service candidates (only for Government employees).
- Original online Deposit slip of Rs. 200/- (non-refundable) in favor of the Director General Finance, Higher Education Commission, H-9, Islamabad on account number 0112-00500119-01, HBL Aabpara Branch, Islamabad as processing fee (Bank Draft is not acceptable)
Printed copy of online application form completed in all respects along with all requisite documents should reach at the following address latest by Thursday February 18, 2016 through registered mail or courier service.
By hand / Incomplete/ applications received after due date will not be entertained
- All scholarships will be awarded on provincial quota and discipline wise merit.
- Only HEC selected/identified partner universities in above mentioned countries will be considered for interview / award of scholarship. Detail list of universities according to country wise is available on HEC web site.
- Scholarships will be offered only in selected fields. List of subject/fields is published on HEC web site.
- Scholarships are not being offered in Engineering, Agriculture and chemistry subjects.
- Candidates can only apply in their relevant field of study as per their last qualification otherwise they will not be considered for scholarship.
- Candidates are required to make sure whether their field of subject is being offered in their choice of country/university, otherwise candidate will not be considered for interview/scholarship.
- Candidates will have to submit research proposal based on local Pakistani issues/problems.
- Candidates are required to fulfill the requirement of Host University to secure the admission which may include International GRE, TOFEL etc. Candidates are advised to appear in these tests before the interview / admission.
- Candidates are required to indicate the countries/universities of their choice in order of preference in the application form. HEC reserves the right to re-allocate any country / university to the candidate. Only one interview or admission chance against any country / university will be provided.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for interviews
- Short listed candidates will be interviewed by the relevant country selection team for award of scholarship
- Scholarship test will be arranged for eligible applicants. The test date and time will be communicated later via email.
- Applicants are required to fill the online data correctly while applying. No further request will be entertained after submission of online application form by the applicant.
- Merit lists will be prepared on the basis of online information/data provided by the applicant. In case any information is found to be untrue/misrepresented at any stage, scholarship will be cancelled with full amount recovery.
- Applicants are required to create common profile through online application system and then need to apply for Overseas Scholarships after following the required procedure.
- Awardees have to execute a bond with the HEC to serve in Pakistan for 5 years after completion of study, preferably in an institution of Higher Education