Fulbright Awards 2017 - for Master or PhD Degree in USA
Dear Students and Faculty Members,
Please find attached an advertisement of Fulbright Program 2017. This program is designed to award Pakistani citizens the opportunity to study for a Master’s or PhD degree program at a US university beginning in fall of 2017. The grant of this program will fund participant’s tuition, required textbooks, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance. USEFP also assists with the visa process.
Application form of Fulbright Program 2017 is attached with this e-mail for ready reference. Application deadline is Wednesday, May 11, 2016.
We shall also be arranging information session and GRE Mock session to facilitate the interested candidates from IBA family; separate email shall be circulated for the same.
Key details of Fulbright Program 2017 are listed below for your information. In case of any concern or query, please feel free to contact the undersigned.
Assistant Manager, External Linkages and Acting Manager, International Resource Centre
Room 212, 2nd Floor, Fauji Foundation Administrative Block, Main Campus
and International Resource Centre (IRC), City Campus
Institute of Business Administration, Karachi
Phone: +92-21-38104700 Ext. 2601
Website: www.iba.edu.pk and www.irc.iba.edu.pk
· Permanent citizens of Pakistan with strong academic histories, residing and working in Pakistan and committed to returning and serving Pakistan
· For Master’s: Persons who have a completed 16 years of formal education. Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply except for MBA applicants
· For PhD: Persons with 18 years of formal education. It is highly desirable that candidates have work experience in teaching, research and or the public sector in Pakistan
· All disciplines except for clinical medicine or PhD in Business Administration are eligible to apply. However, energy, water, agriculture, health and education are priority areas
· Individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds and remote areas who would not otherwise have such an opportunity, women, minorities and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply
Additional Application Requirements:
· Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Score; according to old scoring system, minimum requirement is 300 on each section of GRE with higher score on the section most applicable to applicant’s field of study. As per new scoring system, minimum scores of 138 in the verbal and 136 in the quantitative sections are required. (If you are selected and your field requires it, then you will be advised to take a GMAT / GRE subject at that time; such scores, however, are not required with the application)
· Short-listed applicants will be required to take the TOEFL within two weeks of being notified and to bring proof of registration for the TOEFL with them to the interview (you will need a minimum score of 90)
Complete application package for this program includes
· Complete signed application form for Fulbright Program 2017 (Application Form is attached)
· Three reference letters (Reference letter is part of the document of application form)
· GRE Score Report
· Attested photocopies of academic transcripts and degrees
· Curriculum Vitae
Last date to submit the application package (along with a copy of complete application package) to USEFP (P.O.Box No. 1128, Islamabad) is Wednesday, May 11, 2016 (by 4:30 p.m.). If you have any query at any stage, then please feel free to contact me.
1. The mailing address of USEFP is that of a P.O. Box and courier companies do not deliver to P.O. Box addresses; please keep a margin of at least four to six working days to ensure that your application reaches the destined address in time
2. Short-listed applicants will be called in for interviews at Islamabad between June and September 2016. Final candidates and alternates will be selected and notified in October 2016
3. Spouses of Fulbright grantees usually join them in the second semester. Grantees with children can request to bring their dependents. However, they will need to demonstrate financial ability to support their dependents while they are in the U.S., including obtaining medical insurance.