Australia Awards 2017 - for Master Level Degree in Australia
Dear Students and Faculty Members,
Please find attached an advertisement of Australia Awards 2017. This program is designed to award Pakistani citizens the opportunity to study for a Master’s degree program at an Australian university beginning in fall of 2017. Scholarship recipients will generally receive the following:
• return air travel
• a one-off establishment allowance on arrival
• full tuition fees
• contribution to living expenses
• introductory academic program
• Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the scholarship
• supplementary academic support, and
• fieldwork allowance
Application deadline is Saturday, April 30, 2016.
Key details of Australia Awards 2017 are listed below for your information. You can also refer to the website http://www.australiaawardssouthwestasia.org/index.php/how-to-apply/pakistan for further reference.
In case of any concern or query, please feel free to contact the undersigned.
Assistant Manager, External Linkages and Acting Manager, International Resource Centre
Room 212, 2nd Floor, Fauji Foundation Administrative Block, Main Campus
and International Resource Centre (IRC), City Campus
Institute of Business Administration, Karachi
Phone: +92-21-38104700 Ext. 2601
Website: www.iba.edu.pk and www.irc.iba.edu.pk
Eligibility criteria include but are not limited to:
• be able to identify themselves under one of the four profiles meet profile specific requirements (Public Policy Practitioners, - Public Policy Reformers and Leaders, Non-profit civil society / development Workers or associates, Private sector reformers and promoters of pro-poor growth)
• be a Pakistani citizen currently residing in Pakistan for at least 24 months
• not have applied for or be entitled to permanent residency or citizenship in Australia or New Zealand
• satisfy Australian Government requirements for international student visas for entry to Australia (health, character etc.)
• be able to provide a Police Security Clearance Certificate at the time of visa application
• not hold another scholarship
• be applying to commence a new course of study
• satisfy the admission requirements of the Australian tertiary institution and the course to be undertaken
• have relevant academic background to proposed study in Australia
• be applying for a Masters level course
• have completed 16 years of education
• not be above 45 years of age at the time of submitting the application form
• have at least five years of work experience (Profile 1 and 2) and two years of work experience (Profile 3 and 4) in the field in which they are applying.
• be able to demonstrate the ability to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements for the Scholarship at the time of application. The accepted English language tests are IELTS and TOEFL undertaken at the candidate’s own expense.
Applicants must also meet the following country specific conditions:
• applicants must submit online applications on OASIS at https://oasis.dfat.gov.au
• for Masters by research degree, applicants must provide the outline of the research proposal (up to 1000 words), and have in-principle agreement (letter or email) from a research supervisor at their chosen university in Australia..
Priority Fields of Study
The priority areas of study for Pakistan are:
• Public health (including maternal, neonatal and child health services and nutrition)
• Education (including basic education services and early childhood education)
• Economic growth (including agriculture, rural development, agri-business and entrepreneurship)
• Water resource management
Apply online at: https://oasis.dfat.gov.au